Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Freezer Meal Review #1

Yes you are seeing this correctly.
I am posting two days in a row.
Go me!

Right before school started, I spent loads of time on Pinterest researching freezer meals, planning for freezer meals and making freezer meals.
I am not going to lie; it feels awesome to spend a total of 5 minutes working on dinner each night.
However, I was pretty apprehensive about some of the recipes.
Mostly recipes that my husband found.
A friend of his posted some freezer meals she makes, and David really wanted some of them.
After two very disappointing meals, I announced that she eats like crap and I don't trust her food judgement.

I am not going to post about meals I hated. That is what the comment section of those blogs are for. I want to use this post to show off some really good recipes I have made from my own recipes and from ones found on the web.

On to the review!
I have always enjoyed chicken pot pie. 
However for me growing up chicken pot pie came in boxes that looked like this:


The days of boxed chicken pot pie are OVER thanks to this recipe.
It is super simple to put together and freezes really well.
The only things I think I will do differently next time are:
1. Do 2 jars (4 cups) of gravy.
2. Add one more pie crust to the top... I have a crust problem. I am looking into rehabs.

Let me tell you about how easy it is to put together:
Step 1:  3 days before you cook the meal, pull filling and pie crusts out of your freezer to thaw (our fridge takes forever to thaw something)
Step 2: Come home from work starving and tired. Pull out freezer meal and pie crusts.
Step 3: Put one pie crust on the bottom of a baking dish. Put the filling on top of that. Put another pie crust on top of that.
Step 4: Pop that stuff in the oven to bake for 40 minutes and plop yourself on the couch for a moment of peace before the other inhabitants of your house realize you are resting and need you.

Step 5: Eat. Go to bed happy.

You totally need to try this recipe. It has already been requested for next month.

(Did you know you can follow what I am cooking on pinterest?)

No comments:

Post a Comment